Puerto Rico’s natural beauty and world-class attractions make it a must-visit vacation spot, but these are not the only attractive selling points for the global tourism industry. The Island’s incentive package for the tourism and hospitality industry is equally enticing. You can access the Puerto Rico Tourism Company’s Virtual Clerk to request incentives.
- A tax credit equal to 10% of the total project costs, or 50% of the cash investment made by investors (whichever is less)
- A tax credit equal to 40% of the eligible investment, the first tranche at the second year of operation, and the rest in subsequent years.
- A tax credit equal to 30% of the eligible investment, the first 10% percent at the moment to obtain the finance, the other 20% percent the first tranche the year that receive the first paying guest and the rest in subsequent years.
- 100% exemption on municipal construction excise taxes, Vieques and Culebra 75%
- 100% exemption on sales and uses taxes
- 100% exemption on excise taxes and other municipal taxes for new projects or 90% exemption, if it is an existing project, Vieques and Culebra 75%
- 90% exemption on income tax or 100% exemption if the project is located in the island municipalities of Vieques or Culebra
- Up to 90% exemption on personal and real property municipal taxes, Vieques and Culebra 75%